St Damien’s CPS
At St Damien’s Catholic Primary School we run 2 Enrichment programs for Year 5-6 students to take part in Robotics. These programs are FIRST Lego and Robocup. This page is a resource page for all information that students and families may require for the Program.
|Robocup||Wednesday Training||Every Wednesday (until Tournament)||3:15pm-4:15pm||StDCPS Year 5/6 Block|
|Robocup||Thursday Training||Every Thursday (until Tournament)||7:00am-8:15am||StDCPS Year 5/6 Block|
|Robocup||Holiday Training #1||Mon 8th July - Event |
|9:00am-3:00pm||StDCPS Year 5/6 Block|
|Robocup||Holiday Training #2||Fri 19th July Event Confirmed||9:00am-3:00pm||StDCPS Year 5/6 Block|
|Robocup||Practice Tournament||Wed 7th August||3:30pm-6:30pm||StDCPS Staff Room|
|Robocup||Robocup Tournament||Friday, 9th August||Approx 8am-4pm||Curtain University|
|Robocup||Robocup Tournament (Finals)||Saturday, 10th August||Approx 8am-4pm||Curtain University|
|FIRST Lego||Wednesday Training||Every Wednesday (beginning 14th August)||3:15pm-4:15pm||StDCPS Year 5/6 Block|
|FIRST Lego||Thursday Training||Every Thursday (beginning 15th August)||7:00am-8:15am||StDCPS Year 5/6 Block|
|FIRST Lego||Holiday Training #1||TBC (Term 3/4 Holiday Break)||9:00am-3:00pm||StDCPS Year 5/6 Block|
|FIRST Lego||Holiday Training #2||TBC (Term 3/4 Holiday Break)||9:00am-3:00pm||StDCPS Year 5/6 Block|
|FIRST Lego||Practice Tournament||TBC||TBC||StDCPS Year 5/6 Block|
|FIRST Lego||FIRST Lego Tournament||Sunday 8th December, Secret Harbour||TBC||Secret Harbour|
|FIRST Lego||FIRST Lego Tournament (Finals)||Saturday, 14th December, 2019||TBC||Curtain University|
LEGO ROBOTICS CODE OF EXPECTATIONS
- If I am selected for a program, I will give my best (and expected) efforts in attendance and participation, including showing resilience when faced with challenges.
- There may be expectations or conditions of the event organisers, I will accept these as part of the conditions.
- I will respect the equipment and other participants. I may have been selected over other students and for this reason I will show that I value the program and the opportunity provided to me.
- When required, I will attend all training / competition sessions. This may include commitments above weekend club sports (e.g. if a competition is held on a Saturday)
- I am expected to stay on schedule with expected tasks, my classwork and behaviour. If I do not maintain these, I may be removed from the group and replaced.